A vegan bacon recipe with a hint of maple syrup and smoky paprika.
The process is simple: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, cut a strip of tempeh into strips, toss in spices and herbs as desired, then bake for about 10 minutes or until crisp. Heat 2 tbsp oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet; add two teaspoons minced garlic along with salt and pepper. Sauté until fragrant (about 1 minute), then stir in chopped shallots or onion; cook for another 3 – 5 minutes or until soft but not browned.,
Add one tablespoon cornstarch to the mixture followed by your favorite liquid smoke flavorings such as hickory u0335
Vegan bacon recipes are a great way to give your breakfast and brunch dishes a new twist. This recipe is made with love and lemon, so you know it’s going to be delicious.
Learn three different methods to create Bacon (vegan)! It’s as crispy, smoky, salty, and somewhat sweet as the genuine thing.
Jack, my bacon-loving husband, emerges promptly whenever I take a pan of Bacon (vegan) out of the oven. “What is this?” he inquires. “Bacon (vegan),” I remark, and he immediately goes for it. Jack is no fool now. I create Bacon (vegan) in three different ways: tempeh, coconut, and shiitake mushrooms. None of these items resembles actual bacon in any way, and they wouldn’t deceive him for a second. When properly seasoned, they contain all of the characteristics that make bacon so appealing: they’re smoky, salty, and somewhat sweet, with a great crisp texture.
All three of my Bacon (vegan) recipes are included here, along with some of my favorite ways to utilize them. Each one is simple to prepare and delicious. Even the most ardent bacon aficionado (re: Jack) will be unable to stop eating these!
Time to Prepare: 5 minutes
Time to prepare: 40 minutes
With these three easy Bacon (vegan) recipes, you won’t miss the real thing! Each one has a delicious smoky, salty flavor and crispy texture. Gluten-free and vegan.
Bacon from Tempeh
- 8 ounces tempeh, split crosswise into thin strips and cooked as directed
- tamari (14 cup)
- rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- 12 tablespoon cumin
- 12 teaspoon smoked paprika, heaped
- black pepper, freshly ground
- shiitake mushrooms, 8 oz
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra-virgin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Bacon with Coconut
- 34 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- tamari (34 tablespoon)
- 12 tbsp maple syrup, snipped
- 14 teaspoon paprika (smoked)
- Make Bacon from Tempeh: Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the steamed tempeh in an 8×8 or similarly sized baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk together the tamari, rice vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, cumin, paprika, and sprinkles of pepper. Pour the marinade over the tempeh and set aside for 15 minutes. Layer the tempeh strips onto the baking sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until crisp and charred around the edges. Remove and let cool on the pan for 10 minutes. If desired, make “bacon bits” by using your hands to crumble the crispy tempeh into bits.
- Make Bacon shiitake: Preheat the oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a damp cloth to wipe the mushrooms clean (if you wash them in water, they will not become crisp in the oven). Stem and slice the mushrooms, place on the baking sheet, and toss with the olive oil and tamari until well coated. Spread in an even layer on the pan and bake 30 to 40 minutes, tossing halfway through, until the mushrooms are shriveled up and crispy.
- Make Bacon with Coconut: Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the coconut flakes, tamari, maple syrup, and smoked paprika on the pan and toss gently to coat. Spread in a thin layer on the pan and bake until dark golden brown and slightly crispy, about 6 to 10 minute. Watch carefully, oven temperatures may vary and the coconut flakes can burn quickly.
The “best vegan bacon” is a recipe that offers a healthy alternative to meat. It’s made with quinoa, which is gluten-free and high in protein.
Frequently Asked Questions
- vegan bacon recipe gordon ramsay
- vegan bacon recipe mushroom
- vegan bacon bits
- vegan bacon recipe carrot
- vegan bacon seasoning